Monday 5 April 2010

Peesieinen

Easter break snuck past me somehow, and now we are well into April already! Herre gud!

Checked out Pope's bi-annual speech Urbi et Orbi on Easter Sunday on St. Peter's Square. Thought I might just as well, since I'm here and everything. It was raining, so it wasn't as crowded as I thought it might have been. I think I managed to catch his greetings in Finnish, too. Hyvee peesieiste, or the like...

Interestingly, some folks were actually rooting for his predecessor:

Effort :)




:D






Not much else going on right now, so I guess I'll just post some more photos from Trastevere...


Check out the moon in the background :)













...and Gianicolo:









This last one is from a site right next to the Campidoglio, beside the steps that lead up to the Capitoline Museums - right in the heart of the city. Yet, it looks so peaceful and serene.








No comments: